Varieties of hosting services
A hosting solution applies to saving and/or sharing given content on a hosting server hosted by a web hosting provider. There are various varieties of hosting services utilized for different ends, so let's have a gaze at them. In this way, you can decide what you want, depending on whether you'd like to create a blog, mail address accounts, or to share files with chums and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service made available by particular file storage providers, which permits you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole designation is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to see .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file hosting solutions frequently include advertisements beside the download links, while a timer makes you await a given span of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you own a paid file storage account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no restriction in regard to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting traders, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly untrue interpretation of the actual denotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would assign the workload between autonomous groups of servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending miscellaneous website hosting services (email, storage space, stats, DNS, databases, CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is just a sort of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; certain corporations provide a hosting solution for images exclusively. This hosting kind is suitable if you want to share a great number of images with comrades or colleagues since the solution is typically free. You will get a random link for each image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for websites.
- Email hosting: a solution committed to managing your e-mail addresses. Some corporations offer website hosting services for web sites, but do not provide an email hosting service. If you would like to create a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to keep a website, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you want. You can open e-mail address accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a given video, or you can embed the video clip in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of using this method instead of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video clip generates a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of video files and several hundred web page visitors, you may have a problem with your site hosting reserves. Embedding the video file will allow you to keep as many videos as you wish without worrying about system reserves.
- Web page hosting: this is the service that you require if you would like to have a site. To some degree, it comprises all of the aforementioned hosting brands since, along with your web sites, you can also host images and files, you can create databases and email addresses, upload videos, and so on. At Free Hostia, for instance, you can take a glimpse at web hosting and dedicated hosting packages that permit you to get all of the aforementioned solutions in a single location. There may be limitations based on the type of hosting service that you've settled on - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web hosting account may be better or worse compared to the usual e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are conceived for specific web content exclusively.